"Best PS3 Game (2003)" - Spike TV
11th "Top 25 PS2 Games of All Time (2007)" - IGN
"52 Games We'll Still Be Playing From 2007" - Gaming Target
- The first Ratchet & Clank game released by Insomniac Games on the Playstation 2 on November 4, 2002. Insomniac games wanted to work on their own IP after working on the third installment of the Spyro Series: Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
- The sequel, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, released in a little over year on November 11, 2003. After hearing criticisms on Ratchet being "a bit of a jerk", Insomniac revamped Ratchet's character to make him more relatable.
- The third installment Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, released on November 3, 2004, and was the first in the series to add in online multiplayer.
- The forth game, Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked, released on October 25, 2005, was the first game to feature Ratchet without Clank for the entirety of the game.
- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, released on October 23, 2007 marked the beginning of the Future Saga of the series where the sentient robot race called the "Zoni" are introduced and the game ends on a cliffhanger.
- A shorter title was introduced called Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, released on August 21, 2008, continues where Tools of Destruction leaves off and is the second game in the series to have Ratchet only gameplay.
- On October 27, 2009, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time, was released and picks up where Quest for Booty left off. In this installment, many time based mechanics were featured.
- The final game in the Future Saga, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, was released on November 12, 2013, and marked the end of the Ratchet & Clank main series.
- Along with the main series, numerous spin-off series were also released such as: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, a PSP game released on February 13, 2007; Secret Agent Clank, a PSP game released on June 17, 2008; Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, a 4 player Co-op released on May 26, 2009; and Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, a tower defense game released on November 27, 2012.
- 3 Years after the last Ratchet & Clank game, Sony began planning for a film adaptation for the original installment along with a companion game. Insomniac worked on a re-imagining of the first game, based on the movie (which was based on the original game), and was released on April 12, 2016.
Ratchet & Clank
Up Your Arsenal
Tools of Destruction
Quest for Booty
A Crack In Time
All 4 One
Full Frontal Assault
Into the Nexus
Ratchet & Clank (2016)